I just had a tummy tuck about a week ago. I have white clear small blisters over my tummy tuck line

is my incision infected ? should I be worried ? should I go to the hospital? i am in pain ! when the blister dry the turn dark

Blisters after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your inquiry.  If you had steristrips along the incision sometimes they can cause superficial blisters.  When they are put on, there is no swelling.  As swelling takes place the skin expands but the steristrips don't.  The result is epidermal blister. It is not a major problem. Just apply some antibiotic ointment to it and keep it covered. You should ask your surgeon about it, or make an appointment to have him or her look at it.  Continue to wear your compression garment and follow your surgeons instructions.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (1 week post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Blisters after a tummy tuck

Thank you for the question! It is difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. A certain degree of swelling and bruising following a tummy tuck is considered normal and is expected to resolve during the healing process that may take up to 8 months. However, blisters may be indicative of an allergic reaction or an infection. Thus, an in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to fully address your concerns and obtain reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Blister on tummy tuck

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

It is likely that your blisters may be due to tape over the incisions. The friction harms the delicate incision, resulting in blistering
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Blisters along the incision line

Blisters can be the result of an infection, an allergic reaction or stress on the skin caused by tension or even tape. If you have multiple small blisters along the length of the incision line, the most likely diagnosis is an allergic reaction, perhaps to the tape, ointment or bandage that is being used. With the information provided, it's not possible to make an accurate diagnosis or comment on treatment. I would certainly recommend that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon at your next opportunity.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon