I had my tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks on July 28. I am not draining much

I am not draining much. I am swelling inside and below the binder. I look larger than before I had surgery. I am on a low salt diet and drinking water regularly as well as walking for 10 minutes every couple of hours.

Draining post Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your question.  You are still pretty early on in the postoperative period, so it is hard to say what is going on.  I would suggest waiting for the swelling to come down more before judging the final results of your procedure.  You can also follow up with your plastic surgeon if you do not feel that your drains are working properly.  Best of luck. 

Swollen post lipo/tummy

This is normal to be swollen especially in the first 6 to 8 weeeks post op.give it some time.It will eventually go away.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Without a posted before & after photo very hard to advise. Best to return to see you operative surgeon TODAY.

Tummy Tuck and Lipo Flanks Four days Ago without much Drainage

While it is difficult to assess your clinical situation without photos and the actual amount of recorded drainage, it is normal to have swelling that extends beyond the binder. You sound like you are doing the right thing with your activity level and eating/hydration. The amount of drainage may vary for a few reasons: 1. the surgeon may have used 'quilting' type sutures under the skin flap that decreases or even removes the need for a drain 2. the amount of dissection was limited 3. your amount of drainage is on the low end of what's normally expected 4. the drain(s) isn't/aren't working properly. If #4 isn't the problem, check with your plastic surgeon or the nurse and mention the recorded output. They may wish to move up your follow up appointment to check to rule out a fluid collection which may occur if the drainage that normally builds up following a tummy tuck is not removed.

Christopher T. Chia, MD