I had a revision to fix a dent in my nose. All I got was a bigger nose. Do you think this is permanent? Dent looks worse (Photo)

I got a revision done in October 2015 to fix a dent from a bad rhino. The surgeon took cartilage from my ribs to fix it but So far the dent is still there and now my nose is longer and bigger. he admitted to making it longer. Is this my final result? I asked for a thinner tip and to fill dent and I got the opposite. Very depressed help. Will a future revision damage my nose more? I'm desperate. Sometimes the tip bothers and I have to pinch it for relief.

Revision Rhinoplasty

It would appear that there is still room for improvement as concerns your nasal appearance. If you have access to the prior operative notes that would be a good start. With those, see a surgeon with experience in nasal surgery and get another opinion ( or two, or three). If you are still bothered by the nasal appearance you owe it to yourself to make sure you understand your options and how likely you are to see further improvement with any other surgeries. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Swelling after rhinoplasty, augmentation to repair irregularities

From the photographs you provided  demonstrating the dent and postoperative swelling it appears that there might be a modest amount of residual swelling in the tip of your nose. Prior to the revision rhinoplasty the tip of your nose looked slightly  large and does not appear to have changed since the indentation was corrected.  I would certainly encourage you to talk to your surgeon regarding your disappointment and his advice for management.  On occasion Kenalog injection can be performed to reduce scar tissue and swelling in the tip of the nose.  It is certainly a easy minimally invasive option.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon