Unhappy with my legs and rear end would like to lift and tighten without adding to it. What are my options?

Also I've some sm fat located in my inner tights and at top of my knees needs also to get tighter. I keep hearing all different types of liposuction such as smart lipo, laser lipo,weekend lipo etc. But honestly I don't even know if lipo is what I need. And what if my skin gets more sag than it is after any lipo? I'm thinking to start with Zeltiq. But I don't know if coolspulting is going to help me. Many thanks PD

Coolsculpting in combination with other treatments

It is hard to give any opinion without pictures provided. You should have an in-person consultation and see with an expert what is the best solution for your condition and desired results. Coolsculpting is used to reduce fat around different areas of body, including legs. In your case you may need combination of different treatments to attain desired results, treating the fat cells and tightening the skin.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

CoolSculpting in a weightlifter

CoolSculpting has FDA approval for fat reduction since 2010. CoolSculpting freezes the fat cells. Fat cells are more susceptible to damage by freezing than the other cells, (nerve, vessel, bone, etc.), around them. The fat cells die via a process called apoptosis, (programmed cell death). The number of fat cells are therefore reduced. This happens over a period of time, so the body is not overwhelmed with dead fat cells. The body will take these cells up, process them and excrete them, just as any other cell. The remnants are filtered through the liver, and then excreted eventually via stool. CoolSculpting now has an applicator for thighs.  CoolSculpting had been used in this area with good results. See an experienced CoolSculpting practice, they will determine if you are a candidate.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to tell you of the different options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.).

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a good non-invasive option for areas where there is pinchable fat. I suggest that you have a in person consultation to see if Coolsculpting is the right option for you. Coolsculpting with reduce fat in the area treated, however it will not tighten the skin.  A through consultation will help to determine  which path you should take. Schedule an appointment with a board certified Dermatologist, and or Plastic surgeon  to discuss your options.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with skin looseness

Coolsculpting works by freezing the fat cells,they breakdown and the area treated will be smaller. This works great for areas you are trying to shrink because there is a fat deposit. There may be some skin tightening but this is not the purpose of the treatment. 

I recommend finding a specialist in your area and having a consultation. It is difficult to offer advise without exam. After your evaluation they can offer options to give you the results your after.

Best of luck

Helena Guarda, MD
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Go for amazing results with VASER Hi Def, ThermiRF, ultrasound, fat grafting

This is tough to answer without pictures. Usually a combination approach is needed for contour, definition and skin tightening to avoid sagging. VASER or ThermiRF are great to the inner thigh to give more definition and contour the leg. VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting can be used to lift, contour and shape the rear-end. I suggest seeing a hi-def physique expert for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer. 

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter whatIt is hard to know if you will be a good candidate for Coolsculpting without evaluating you in person.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD