Which form of lip augmentation would obtain natural, fuller, more defined lips and symmetrical lips and smile? (Photo)

I don't hate my lips as I feel like they have a nice shape, but I'd like for them to be plumper, fuller & defined. The space between my nose and lips is too long and when I smile my lips seem lop-sided which may be due to a large gash I got in the inside that side of my lip when I was a child. I'd like natural results, not fish lips. What filler or procedure should I be looking into? I'd like to be somewhat educated before going to a surgeon for consultation. Thank you in advance for your input!

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur

Natural fuller lips

You have two choices:
1) Use a temporary filler like Juvederm products and get a nice result for 3-6 months before needing to do it again.
2) Do a dermal -fat graft procedure I invented and popularized over twenty years ago. The advantages here is that the dermal-fat graft is essentially permanent and is your own tissue taken from the supra pubic area. There will be a small 2 inch scar just above the hairline and the swelling lasts about two weeks. However it is the only permanent method to get filler lips that will use your own tissue and look natural.
   All silicone products whether they are injections or material insertions are either illegal or will create problems over the long run. I know, I have removed dozens of then over the years. Plain fat removed by suction and injected in the lips also tends to either disappear or get a bit lumpy. .
  I invented the dermal-fat graft procedure over twenty years ago to get permanent fuller lips with a patients own natural tissue for those who do not mind the suprapubic scar and are tired of fillers.
 If you do desire we can go the filler route and as always this must be done by a surgeon with experience, and a good eye,  to get a nice yet natural looking result.
  If you choose to shorten your lip be sure to do the incision under the nose as any incision around the margin of the lips looks TERRIBLE no matter how good the surgeon sews the closure

Natural Looking Lips

The best way to tell which filler to chose for a natural lip line is an in person consultation.  I always start with the least amount of product since you can always add more.  If you are happy with the look you can always go for a more permanent solution.  Best, Dr. Green

Giving you lip

There are many options for lip procedures. To enhance the lips we can use filler or implants.I would recommend the filler to start and see if you like it. There is procedure called lip advancement where the distance from the nose to the upper lip is made shorter. Be sure to check out my website and read about it.  BodyReshaping.com

Travel to the west side of florida

Jay H. Ross, MD, FACS
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

The lip lift procedure yields the most natural results - it does not use fillers. Other options include implants or fillers. I would definitely avoid silicone injections of course

Vartan Mardirossian, MD
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon