Fat transplant to my lips ? How much? (photos)

I want a bigger volume but not a lot so it keep natural look

Lip Fat Transfer

Fat can be used to volumize the lips. I suggest you see an expert for treatment, someone who specializes in fat harvesting and transferring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer to the lips

Fat transfer to the lips seems like an ideal option to many patients.

It's your own tissue and potential he offers a permanent solution.

This may  initially seem like a much better alternative than using temporary fillers.

Fat transfer is not nearly as predictable or as forgiving as using HA fillers such as Juvéderm or Restylane. 

Lip fat transfer can easily be done as an office based procedure with local Anastasia.

Most plastic surgeons will generally over treat to some degree knowing that a substantial amount of fat will not survive.

My preference is to be somewhat conservative explaining to my patients that it's better to do the procedure twice to get a very accurate result them to potentially over treat and be stuck with an undesirably large unnatural outcome
It's very difficult if not impossible to remove excessive grafted fat to lips.

The total volume used during fat transfer is typically twice or sometimes three times the amount needed when using temporary fillers.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat transfer to the lips

The procedure can be performed in an office setting with local anesthesia.  Typically 1-2 cc for both the top and bottom would do the trick.  

Fat to lips

You have large lips already.  If you put some extra fat in, they will be very swollen for at least one to two weeks.  After that the swelling will start to subside.  Fat in lips is tough:  never know how much is going to stay there.  I think HA fillers are a better option.  Easier to just add a little extra when you want with less down time.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

How much fat

That is the $64000 question.Not all of the grafted fat will take so your surgeon needs to just estimate knowing you can always put more in later.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon