Fat transfer to my cheeks; when and what can I do to get my face back? (Photo)

i had fat injection 9 days ago .. so much pain and my face swelling has not changed for last 5 days . i need to remove this as i wil lose job. when and what can i do to get my face back? I also had a tummy tuck and breast lift , so when I got home and saw my face called the doctor and he already prescribe the steroids for six days only . Yesterday was my last day .

Fat Grafting Results, Are They Permanent?

Please speak to your physician, significant pain and swelling post procedure is not common.  If overfilled, some of the fat will resorb in the next 3-6 weeks.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat too much to face

Much of the fat there now will go away given enough time ie 6 to 8 weeks.Also your surgeon could suction some of it out as well.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to my cheeks; when and what can I do to get my face back?

Sorry for the 'over correction' of fat grafting. But only 9 days, the swelling still could be present! If after 2 months this issue is present I might try off label KyBella injection by a true expert MD KyBella injector. Fee for this would be $2,000/session.

Fat grafting

The best thing to do now is wait.  Much of the swelling will dissipate and you will loose some fat volume.  Attempting to remove the fat may cause more complications. 

Fat transfer to cheeks

Would be helpful to see a before picture.  You are pretty swollen still and this can take a couple of weeks to start to resolve.  About 50% of the fat will also go away so it will start to settle down. Take some ibuprofen to help with the swelling.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon