I've decided on a doctor and I will be having a tummy tuck and my upper and lower eyes. Can I have both done together? (Photo)

Is this something that is usually done together? and what can I expect with recovery and will I need assistance? Also what is the typical way of getting this done ,for the bet results?

Eyelid surgery and tummy tuck

I agree with the previous answers from plastic surgeon. The reason you in particular are being told to get a board certified plastic surgeon is that you are undergoing surgery on you r face and body. Only a surgeon boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgery is qualified to do both face and body surgery. Otherwise the operation is commonly done together.

Combining tummy tuck with eyelid surgery

It's typically not a problem to combine these procedures if you are in good health.  Your doctor may ask you to obtain medical clearance, based on your age or medical history to make sure the length of surgery/anesthesia is safe for you.

Hope you have chosen a board certified plastic surgeon for your procedures, as this is important to credential your surgeon and make sure they have adequate training to not only perform the surgery, but handle the potential complications that may occur (hopefully not!!).

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Combination surgery

Hi, digloria49.
Combination surgery can be done well and safely when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon.
I routinely perform combinations surgery.  Your surgery may take 4-5 hours, which can be done safely as outpatient procedures.
Please select your plastic surgeon carefully - make sure that your plastic surgeon is board-certified by America board of plastic surgery.
Best regards.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for tummy tuck + upper and lower eyelid  at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Combining tummy tuck and eye lid surgery.

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and eyelid surgery.

• These procedures often can be combined but it is up to your surgeon.
  • It depends on your health and on the extent of surgery.
  • You will need help during your recovery - for a minimum of 5 days after a tummy tuck.
  • The best way to have it done is by putting yourself in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • Discuss Exparel injections into the tummy tuck to reduce pain after surgery - it makes a big, big difference.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Combined procedures

If the patient is otherwise healthy, upper eyelid blepharoplasty and abdominoplasty procedures can and frequently are performed together.  Only see an ABPS certifed plastic surgeon for evaluation regarding combining these two procedures.

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS

Combining a tummy tuck and eyelid surgery at the same time

Combining cosmetic plastic surgery procedures like a tummy tuck and blepharoplasties is not uncommon. Whether you are a reasonable candidate for those procedures depends on your anatomy, your medical history, the extent of the procedures, realistic expectations of the outcome and an understanding of the pros and cons of the various procedures.

Safety should always be the main concern. It is generally recommended that the length of elective surgery be less than six hours. The procedures should be performed in an ambulatory facility that is accredited by one of the national organizations like the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (AAAASF) or in a licensed hospital. Many surgeons would recommend an overnight stay at an appropriate facility where you can be appropriately monitored. Most patients prefer undergoing one anesthesia and one recovery period which is usually more cost effective.
Keep in mind that following the advice of any surgeon on this or any other web site who proposes to tell you what to do without: examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, and taking a full medical history, as well as discussing the pros and cons of each operative option would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by The American Board of
Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with, and discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. That way, you can have a better idea what is safe and makes the most sense for you.

Before proceeding with a combination of these procedures, you should have medical clearance from your primary care physician and a discussion between him or her and your plastic surgeon.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Combination procedures

Generally speaking- we perform combination procedures all the time- provided a patient is a candidate.  It is best is to address all of the pre-operative and post-operative questions with your chosen operating Surgeon. Good luck

Combining procedures

Abdominoplasty and blepharoplasty procedures can be combined as the total time of surgery is not excessive with both procedures.  

Tummy tuck and eyelid surgery

These procedures can be done together safely depending on the patient's overall health status and the comfort level of the surgeon. These are all very good questions to ask the plastic surgeon that you have already decided upon as only he or she can answer these questions for you definitivly.