Will my belly button improve and will the ripples from my scar disappear? (photos)

I had a full tummy tuck with lipo and I am 8 days post op. I am kind of concerned about how my outcome looks. I have seen other TT and they look a lot better. I have ripples around my scar is that normal? Also, to me my belly button looks super weird, is it suppose to look this way. Please help. I have consulted with my nurses and they claim everything looks perfect.

Ripples and belly button after tummy tuck

You're still very swollen being that it's only been just over a week since the surgery. You look like you're healing well and the lines that you see will settle down. You're umbilicus looks to be swollen and will heal fine as well. Be sure to keep all of your follow ups with your surgeon and follow the instructions that he gives you.

Thank you for your question and for sharing your pictures!

Melinda Lacerna, MD FACS

Ripples post op

This is normal and those ripples will smooth out over time.You still have swelling around your belly button so just give it some time maybe some massage and wait a few months and you will see a nice change.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Will my belly button improve and will the ripples from my scar disappear?

Please be patient! ONLY 8 days post op, these issues will improve over the next 30 to 60 days as the healing process continues. Maybe you need face to face follow up with your chosen surgeon so he/she can re explain the healing process so you completely understand the time frames needed. Good Luck. 

Normal healing process.

The tightness, swelling, numbness, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 3 months after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months to see results. 

Your scars will also flatten and fade but usually takes 9-12 months. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. You seem to have a nice result so far. Hope this helps. Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

thanks for the question.

You need to wait, be patient, this is not the final result. 

looks fine at this moment. 

if any doubt your call your doctor.

good luck!

Eduardo Mejia, MD