Is it normal to have a roll when sitting? I'm 5 wks po TT/Lipo flanks & inner thigh. Do I need a touch up? (Photo)

I am 27 5'3" 128 LBS with a stable weight x 2 years now. I lost about 80 lbs a few years back through diet and exercise. 1: Is it normal to have a roll when sitting? See photos. 2: At my 1 mo. appt. Dr. mentioned some residual fat pulled down and that i may need touch up lipo in office to smooth lower abdomen contour. Assured me this will not produce more lax skin is this common? waiting a few months before he decides. 3: My skin feels different like its not "attached" to me is this re-draping?

Is it normal to have a roll when sitting? I'm 5 wks po TT/Lipo flanks & inner thigh. Do I need a touch up?

Seriously the results are excellent. Either you were never explained properly or did not understand the geometry of changing distances especially in TT. For example if upright the distance from the pubis to the xiphoid is "x". While that same distance in a sitting position is "y". x>y ALWAYS based upon the distance measurement , thus the "rolling" effect. 

Roll post tummy

This is normal.When you sit you flex your abdomen and it is normal to have a fold there.The lack of sensation is also normal and can take several months to go away.I would sit tight and let some more time pass.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 3-6 months to see results. I tell my patients to be careful about salt intake as this can make swelling worse. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative swelling real or not real??

Congrats on your weight loss and recent surgery.  I would say that at 5 weeks, there are still some changes that will occur with the swelling in the abdomen along with sensation changes.  The best thing to do is to wait another few months and then reevaluate.  Please follow up with another post so we all can see your final results

Standing

Your procedure was done well and looks great. Sitting is not the position to judge contour. 
If we fix your tummy in this position you will never stand erect.Be patient your result at 5 weeks is excellent.

William C. Rigano, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon