I'm 35 & have saline implants that are almost 10 yrs. I have always had pain in the right breast. Any suggestions?

My right breast is now noticeably smaller & becoming much more painful. I can not get comfortable ever. I'm scared & in pain can someone please help? I don't have much money & can't afford insurance which worries me even more. Crying myself to sleep isn't an option, I can't go on like this. I'm begging for answers & options with a Dr that won't turn me away

Doctor Answers 3

Cap con

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are likely having some symptoms of capsular contracture. However, without pictures or a physical exam it is impossible to know exactly what is going on. You should see some plastic surgeons in consultation(which most in south florida do not charge for a consultation) and they will be able to guide you with how best to resolve your problem. Best of luck

Capsule contracture

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear AmyLynn,

       Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Sorry for your problem. From your description it appears that you have developed severe capsule contracture from Biofilm (bacteria in the capsule and on the implant ) , which gives you the pain. 

       Most likely you will need capsulectomy (excision of capsule ) and replacement of implant. Obviously, you will need to be examined  by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, in order to confirm the diagnosis. 

      Make sure to select a surgeon who is experienced with redo breasts augmentation and who perform surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to assure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.

                          Best of luck,

                                                     Dr Widder

I'm 35 & have saline implants that are almost 10 yrs. I have always had pain in the right breast. Any suggestions?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. I would suggest visit to the Operating Surgeon who can evaluate you including diagnostic studies such as MRI need to be performed. It's likely you have a deflation that may require surgical attention- it's not a life threatening condition but certainly will cause you a concern.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.