Mommy makeover in which order? (photos)

I'm a 36 yr old mom of 2 via c-section. 5'4 140lbs. I am considering a BBl, TT & BA/BL. I want to do 2 separate surgeries to insure the best results and healing comfort. My idea is to do the BBL first and the TT/BA 3-6 months after that. Do I have the right idea or should I do it in a different order? I want to stay local in CA and so far the docs I'm eyeing are Dr. Dass and Dr. Hughes but my research has just began and I'm open to all opinions, thank you.

Mommy Makeover: front and back

Thanks for the question and pics.  Concur with the other consultants.  #Staging the backside, BBL first, allows your PS to harvest fat from the abdomen and flanks to contour the buttocks.  Logistically BBL patients should avoid prolonged sitting on their grafts, so breaking up the makeover to back and front sessions makes a lot of sense.  If buttock augmentation is a priority, do the backside first and then the front.  #TT, BA/BL = front side, scheduled 3-6 months later would be advantageous in decreasing operative time, risk for infection, clots (DVT & PE), delayed wound healing, etc.  Good luck.

Order of procedures with Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question.  I think you have the right idea and correct order for your mommy makeover.  Your surgeon will be better able to reduce the fatty tissue on your abdomen prior to your tummy tuck by performing liposuction in that area as part of the BBL.  Happy to see you are doing your research in finding the right board certified plastic surgeon for your procedures.  Best wishes!

Combined procedures

I agree that two stages is the safest way to approach your case. Firs the BBL, then wait closer to six months before having the TT/Breast augmentation. You will have a lower risk of DVT (blood clot) by separating all your procedures. Looks like you should have a nice outcome. Take your time and meet with two or three board certified plastic surgeons to see who you are most comfortable with.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Dr derby

I would recommend you the TT and the BBL first and then later the BA/Bl after 6-9 months. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy makeover in which order?

In my opinion - the greatest return on investment and the most impressive improvement in physical attributes- would be the breast and abdomen first. Then, if buttock augmentation is desired then I would recommend gluteal implants with liposuction to achieve the best and most reliable result

Mommy make-over with BBL - which should be done first?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You are correct - usually the BBL is done first because the fat from the stomach can be used - 
  • It can 't be used if the tummy tuck is done first.
  • There are many excellent plastic surgeons in California -
  • Be sure to check the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website to find others to consider.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover Order

How exciting! It sounds like you are doing some good research before your procedure. Be sure to check if your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery as you do your homework. It never hurts to get more than one opinion.Talk with your surgeon about what bothers you the most and your hopes for your outcome.  In general, I find it best to separate the Brazilian Butt Lift from the Tummy Tuck for recovery purposes. It's much easier to recover from those separately. That being said, I also prefer to tighten the abdominal core early in the process. An abdominoplasty done after breast work can shift the position of the breasts/implants noticeably, which is not always desireable. The abdomen and breasts can typically be done safely at the same time, but talk with your surgeon to see what plan you come up with together. If you decide to do them separately, the Brazilian Butt Lift and the Abdominoplasty separation timing is important due to your positioning during surgery - you shouldn't put pressure on one or the other for a few months after surgery. Keep in mind the Brazilian Butt Lift involves aggressive liposuction from your abdominal/trunk area, which can change the appearance 
Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

Thank you for your question.I specialize in the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure and body contouring surgeries.  I would recommend that you stage the procedures and start as you indicated with a Brazilian Butt Lift.The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Mommy makeover in which order?

If you are planning a BBL, TT & BA/BL, I agree, you would probably be best served to have the surgery broken up into two separate procedures.  It would be best to perform the BBL first, with or without the breast augmentation/lift.  The tummy tuck could be performed at a secondary surgery.  Although, it is possible to perform all the procedures at the same time, this would add to potential risk if the surgery took more than 6 hours and could complicate the recovery period, in that, you may not have a comfortable area on which to lay.  Discuss these options with your surgeon.  Dr.s Dass and Hughes should be able to give you good advice on how to proceed.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon