I have a small bump on the bridge from a revision rasping.

I had revision rasping done to remove a boney bump after a septo-rhinoplasty. There is still a hardish bump but when pressed hard it flattens. Is this scar tissue and is it a good sign that the body will eventually correct this via healing

I have a small bump on the bridge from a revision rasping

Dear AndyIt take 3-4 months for dorsal swelling to settle. be patient and give it time. If not resolved by 4 months, discuss with your surgeon. If it flattens when pressed and is in the upper one third of your nose, it will likely resolve.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dear Andyzworld, I would see your surgeon for a follow up appointment and upon examination he/she will be able to tell you where you are in the recovery and provide a proper diagnosis regarding the bump. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Bump after rasping?

tThese are normal and will go away after 9-12 months. Follow with your surgeon and no steroids for at least 6-9 months in this location. 

Bump after rasping

It all depends on how far out from surgery you are. If you are within the first six months or so, it will likely continue to improve. Sometimes we can inject steroids to help the healing along. If you are past the 9-12 month mark, it may not go away completely but you would need to discuss this with your surgeon as they know exactly what was done. 
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon