Constricted breast and scolding? (Photo)

I was told by a surgeon , I have constricted breast and will need to have an aerola incision and scolding of the breast tissue. Originially I wanted a crease incision. Suggestions? Comments? Can I proceed with my original plan?

Constricted breasts

It does appear that you have mild breast constriction. Incisions can be place in the inframammary folds if that is your preference. In some cases radial scoring is performed when larger implants are used for breast augmentation in patients with tuberous or constricted breasts. You can proceed with you original plan. Thank you for sharing your photos and questions. Best wishes. Dr. Gregory Park, San Diego Plastic Surgeon

In your case, your asymmetry will be hardest to correct 100%. You can have the incision in the sub mammary crease and the implants can be safely put them through that incision, 2 different size implants will be needed to improve the asymmetry. When the implants  are placed, the areolas will get a little wider. I will suggest the periareolar incision, just in case you want your areolas smaller. The constricted left side will not be corrected 100%, but it will improve considerably.

Constricted breast and scolding?

You do not have a severe constricted breast.  Based on your photo I concur that he should be able to achieve a nice result with an inframammary crease incision.  I would suggest that she seek a second opinion.

Constricted breast

Thank you for your question and photos.  Based on photos alone I still think you can get a nice result correcting your mild tuberous type breast with an inframammary incision.  Seek appointments with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons for more information. Best of luck to you 

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Constricted Breast

Your breasts appear to have a mildly constricted base which makes the inframammary (under the breast) incision an excellent choice so that this area can be corrected.  You can have a periareolar incision but the inframammary is better based upon your photos, in my opinion.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Constricted breast

I assume you are interested in larger breasts and therefore breast augmentation, but you did not mention this.  Assuming this is the case, you definitely can have an incision in the crease of your breasts, and do not need a peri areolar incision and will have a very nice result.

Constricted breast

Thank you for the question. It does indeed appear that you have constricted or tuberous breasts. I would disagree with the recommendation of a  periareolar incision. This would be appropriate if there was significant herniation of breast tissue into the areola,and the areola had to be downsized. However, in your case, this is not the issue. An inframammary crease incision will allow for the most accurate pocket dissection and for scoring of the breast to allow the breast tissue to spread out. With an appropriate sized implant you can expect a very nice result. This is not a typical breast augmentation however. Consult with a number of Board Certified (in Plastic Surgery) Plastic surgeons in your area and seek a surgeon who has experience in this type of breast augmentation. Best Wishes,Dr. Morrissey

Scoring of constricted breasts

Scoring of the breast tissue is a useful technique in expanding the lower pole of the breast in the areas of constriction.  You potentially need a lift on the right side in order to achieve the best symmetry.  This of course comes with additional scarring.  My preference when not doing the lift, however, would be to go through the inframammary fold (crease) and possibly consider shaped implants.  Shaped implants have more projection in the lower pole where your tissue needs to be released and are slightly firmer which can help with the release.  Going through the inframammary fold allows for a more controlled approach to the lower part of your breast.  I would recommend seeing a few more board certified plastic surgeons in-person to discuss your goals and plan of action.  Best of luck!

Michael Brucker, MD

Constricted and asymmetric breast

You definitely have a constricted breast and symmetric breast mounds. You can have beautiful and larger breasts, but it will require strategic planning and consideration of breast mound alteration using lift techniques. Please see example of patient below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Constricted Breast and Incision Type

Classically it has been described that constricted/tuberous breast deformity surgery is done thru a periareolar incision with scoring of the breast parenchyma as well as sizing down the areola.  The periareolar incision would be appropriate if the areola needs to be tightened and sized down.  In your particular case, judging by your photos, it does not appear that this is necessary.An inframammary is a great incision and can be utilized to get you your desired outcome.Meet with some board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options, in particular using the inframammary incision to achieve your results.  Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD