9 days post op breast lift with augmentation tummy tuck. Breast are oddly shaped and TT scar seems high? (Photo)

I am 9 days post breast lift with augmentation and tummy tuck. I had 300cc silicone implants. Will my breast have a natural shape or will they remain lumpy? Also my tummy tuck scar seem really high. Will it heal in a lower position?

Tummy tuck and breast surgery

It is too early to tell  how things will heal. You are very early in the post-op. Best to give it 4-6 months stop settle. Good luck.

I am 9 days after breast and TT surgery. I feel lumpy and is my scar too high on the TT?

Good questions, but you are so early after both operations that I would not worry and do follow the advice of your Plastic Surgeon very carefully.  Your breast lumpiness should go down greatly once your swelling diminishes( 1 to 6 months), and your TT scar appears to be low enough and with only seeing the one picture of you I would say that you seem fine.  Give it more time, follow up with your Surgeon as recommended.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

9 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

At this point (9 days post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Normal healing process

You look great so far. The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Your tummy tuck scars will usually flatten and fade between 9-12 months but can sometimes take closer to 18 months. Scar fading depends on your genetics. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Post op Questions

Great Questions! Since you are only 9 days out you still have a LOT of healing to do. You look very bruised- which can cause you feel lumpy. After your bruising goes away and your breast swelling calms down the lumpiness should get better. Your TT incision looks good from your pictures. It looks as though you have swelling on your TT too. Give everything at least 3 full months to settle. Good luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon