What type of doctors are quilified for large deep tissue lipoma removal?

I have a large extremely painful lipoma deep in my lower left hip area. I have neuropathy in my feet, bladder problems and can't have any kind of pressure on the lipoma area. It's been there for many years but has gotten unbearable in the last year. I've seen 2 neurosurgeons, 1 general surgeon and a neurologist. All have refused to help me! My quality of life is crap. I have an appointment with a dermatologist but wondering if I need to see a plastic surgeon? Please help me??

Doctor Answers 2

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds like you need a university based multidisciplinary approach to your lipoma. It is important that you receive care. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

What type of doctors are qualified for large deep tissue lipoma removal?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your painful lipoma symptoms. I would first see your general medicine doctor so that they can work up your lipoma with an MRI to assess the exact size and location of the mass.  Based on this information a plan for its safe removal can be created and performed by either a general surgeon or plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.  

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.