What type of doctors are quilified for large deep tissue lipoma removal?

I have a large extremely painful lipoma deep in my lower left hip area. I have neuropathy in my feet, bladder problems and can't have any kind of pressure on the lipoma area. It's been there for many years but has gotten unbearable in the last year. I've seen 2 neurosurgeons, 1 general surgeon and a neurologist. All have refused to help me! My quality of life is crap. I have an appointment with a dermatologist but wondering if I need to see a plastic surgeon? Please help me??

Lipoma removal in Los Angeles

Sounds like you need a university based multidisciplinary approach to your lipoma. It is important that you receive care. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

What type of doctors are qualified for large deep tissue lipoma removal?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your painful lipoma symptoms. I would first see your general medicine doctor so that they can work up your lipoma with an MRI to assess the exact size and location of the mass.  Based on this information a plan for its safe removal can be created and performed by either a general surgeon or plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.