Treatment for Hollow Under Eyes?

I am 61 years old and have hollowing of eye area below my lower lids. Is there an effective treatment to improve the hollow area?

Doctor Answers 1

Tear Troughs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, there is. The area you refer to is affectionately known as the "tear trough". It can be filled in using an injectable filler, most commonly Restylane or Juvederm.

My personal preference is Restylane.

Consult with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon in your area.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.