Undecided on HP or moderate plus for revision. Having benelli lift, will it be enough for me? (photos)

I'm 5'7" 135lbs, currently have saline 560cc L breast, 580 in R under muscle. I have a contracture on R side. I'm having the contracture fixed with a benelli lift, as I'm informed this will give me a 3cm nipple lift. I'm also replacing saline with smaller 450ish CC silicone. I'm undecided on Hp or moderate plus. I do like a rounder look but not too high. (Not as high as my cotracted breast).

Which implant

In my opinion, the high profile implant create a more stark step off from the chest wall to the top of the breast. The moderate profile plus will have a little softer look. It all depends what you like. Discuss these options with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck in your revision.

Type of implant with Benelli lift

If you and your surgeon feel the Benelli lift is the right choice, I would absolutely recommend the higher projecting HP silicone over a moderate shape.  You need a projecting implant to offset the compressive effect of the peri areolar lift, which will be significant if one tries to raise the nipple 3cm.  See Dr. Wong's comments below.  

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I don't use the B word

in my practice anymore because I find its use very limited.  The style implant used in your case depends on the width of your breasts and what will fill them out better.  More important than what implant style you are getting is what is your surgeon going to do to help minimize the risks for a recurrence of your contracture?  As for the lift, B lifts FLATTEN projection so I use a lollipop every time there is enough skin to do so.  So now that  you have all this conflicting information, talk to your surgeon and let him/her defend his/her position.  And you should ask what happens if your scar around your nipple is awful... who takes care of that?

Curtis Wong, MD

Undecided on HP or moderate plus for revision. Having benelli lift, will it be enough for me?

Thanks for your question and the photos.  Your capsule contracture is quite severe and once all scar tissue is removed the surgeon can place your new implants and determine how much of a skin reduction and uplift is necessary.  Whether this be a vertical lift, J-lift or full mastopexy can be determined at the time.  I like using Benelli mastopexies but don't find you an appropriate candidate.  Also discuss with your surgeon ways that you can help to reduce the risk of recurrent encapsulation during the early healing period.

Regards and best of luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, Am Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, Am. Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

NO NO NO Beneli

Beneli lift is definitely the wrong thing to do for you. Your asymmetry is moderate to severe and will not be corrected with a Beneli lift; you need a customized vertical mastopexy with implant revision in order to correct the asymmetry you are displaying. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Will benelli lift be enough

I would say that a benelli lift will not give you as much improvement as a traditional lift will.  You would benefit from capsulectomy on the right breast with probable capsulotomy on left breast coupled with mastopexies, which might need to be staged into two surgeries.  Seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that performs a lot of breast revisions and mastopexies.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Revision

You will require open capsulectomies with replacement of implants. I prefer high profile with some form of lift. Probably a loli pop lift

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS