My surgeon will not acknowledge my double bubble. (photo)

I went to my surgeon yesterday to discuss my double bubble concerns, as was recommended by all the doctors in this thread. He will not acknowledge it. I don't know if there is some kind of policy in place that would require him to fix it if something like this happens within the first six months or what. In my opinion is clearly evident. What do I do now?

Doctor Answers 3

Second opinion

If you develop a double bubble, each surgeon has a different policy.  Most would likely charge for at least facility fees to cover cost.  Best to seek a second opinion.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Double Bubble after BAM

Unfortunately, it is difficult to see a double bubble deformity in your picture. If you have concerns, you have to be persistent and keep meeting with him until you are happy with the plan moving forward. Another opinion may also be helpful though I hope you don't have to resort to that. Best wishes. 

Erica Anderson, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Double Bubble

I am unable to appreciate your double-bubble in your images, however an in-office examination would most certainly help. 

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Urmen Desai, MD, MPH, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 227 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.