Why do my new implants look saggy? (photos)

I just got silicone implants four months ago. I loved the look when I first had them done after they dropped just slightly. Now I feel like I have saggy old lady boobs. I was assured multiple times by the doctor that I do not need a lift, but here I am completely dishonest fight with my result. Advice? I can't pay for this twice.

New implants saggy?

I have to agree with other responders that, in my opinion, you have a VERY nice, natural-appearing result.  There is no sign in your photos of any sagging, i.e, no overlapping at the inframammary fold area; and you have good upper pole fullness, cleavage, and symmetry.  So I cannot fault your surgeon for excellent results.

Perhaps you preferred the rounder, "augmented" look you had before the implants settled into position.  If that is the case, you might benefit from higher profile implants with the same base diameter.  Share your concerns with your surgeon and see if you can work out a solution that will make everyone happly.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Implants and sag

Thank you for your question. Your enhancement is excellent. You have experienced a normal settling of your products and  their position reflects your preoperative anatomy. Remember your implants are designed to restore volume to the breast not lift it.  I agree with your surgeon you did, and still do not need a lift. Enjoy your results. Best of luck.

Bruce Landon, MD

Result

Your nipples are in good position and you look great.  Your implants have settled and maybe it is the size if the implants that you do not like.  I think you look great and would recommend you wait a few more months before you decide to have any revision.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Saggy

Your breasts do not appear to be saggy, but a nice result, natural looking. If you want an augmented look you will need a larger diameter, more projecting implants.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Saggy?

Your breasts are NOT saggy. They are normal. It takes implants 3+ months to settle -- and that is what happened to you. Also remember -- the bigger the implant the more they settle. Get used to them - they look great. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Post Op Concerns

Thank you for your question and photos. There doesn't appear to be any lax/sagging tissue so I'm not sure what aspect of your result you are unhappy with but I do recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss your concerns and options.

All the best 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Why do my new implants look saggy?

Thank you for your question. Without pre op photo's its a bit difficult to give a clear answer.  You may have needed a peri-areolar lift, a bigger implant, or it's just how you're anatomically made, which is hard to say without pre op photo's.   

Chad Robbins, MD

Overcritical - I think

From your photos, it appears that you have a great(!) result.  Several caveat's.  The photographs you show are not with your arms at your side.  Does the shape of your breast change with your arms down?  Additionally, it would be extremely helpful to see pre-operative photographs.

Elliot Duboys, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Why Do Your New Implants Look Saggy

It's difficult to make suggestions without both before photos.  Also, it's difficult not knowing what surgical technique was applied to your augmentation.

Your concern may be related to your beast implant's profile.The #profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the size of the implant and size of your chest. As much as it's important to know what size bra you currently wear, the strap size is important to know as well. It affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the #breast implant that you choose. 

Another option to consider is a Breast Lift. Most patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #Augmentation Mastopexy. Often, patients who underwent an augmentation without a breat lift, wish they had combined procedures. A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss.
If you are unsatisfied with your current results, additional elective cosmetic #surgery is a personal choice. Your procedures should always be performed by a #Plastic Surgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Result

It looks like you have a great result . Your surgeon probably felt you did not have enough drooping to warrant the extra scars of a lift . Extra upper pole fullness can be achieved later with some fat grafting if desired