How to treat the breasts after the fat transfer?

I have had a fat transfer to the breasts, but its was not very succesfull. The docter said I should not wear a bra for 14 days. I did not feel comfortable with the last part because my breasts were shaking when I was on a bus for example. On this platform I see that most women have bandaged up the breasts. I have the feeling that it is not good for the fat cells. Another thing I heard from the doctor: keep the breasts warm for 5 days. Sometimes I read cold is good against swelling. So what is best?

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. There are only General guidelines regarding fat grafting so often times, specifics are generally preferences by the physician. Fat cells are living tissue and, not unlike planting seeds in a garden, have to be placed individually so technique is very important and, unfortunately, this does vary from surgeon to surgeon. Simply squirting fat is in large volumes will not likely you'll do good consistent long-term results. The fat also needs to be relatively left undisturbed until it can start to integrate into the surrounding tissues which also involves the development of new blood vessels in the few weeks after surgery. I would suggest that you return to your surgeon for more questions if you have them and give yourself time to heal. Wishing you the best recovery and outcome. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit.

Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

I do place my patients in a soft bra, but ask that they avoid pressure on their breasts for three months. This includes not sleeping on their stomach for three months. Not all transferred fat does live, and the procedure is dependent upon technique.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon