I am 54 and weigh between 195 and 198 I am 5ft 3 take medicine for b/p and I am pre diabetic do I qualify for Gastric Sleeve?

BMI 35 with prediabetes doesn't qualify for bariatric surgery coverage by insurance

Your BMI is at the borderline of where insurance provides coverage for surgery.  You would need to have hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, or sleep apnea, in order for insurance to pay.  But that doesn't mean you can't have the surgery.  It does mean that if you decide that you really want to lose the weight, and dieting hasn't worked for you, you can get the operation.  You would, however, have to pay for it on your own.  I take care of many patients under these circumstances.  The total cost of the operation for self-pay patients is $11,200.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon