Can I still have Breast Reduction surgery with a head cold?

I am having breast reduction surgery on Tuesday 11/29. I have developed a cold that is mainly in my nasal area. No sore throat.

Inform surgeon

You should always inform your surgeon about any illnesses you have, particularly when they develop shortly before your surgery. Your surgeon can then make the decision as to whether you can proceed with surgery.

Do it.

If you have no other symptoms then I would say do it, unless you feel very ill.  Please talk to your surgeon and anesthesiologist to see what they recommend as there is no correct answer.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast Reduction and cold

Typically if there is signs of illness it is always safest to delay elective procedures.  I would recommend calling your physician and informing them and following their instructions.  

Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Can I have breast reduction with a head cold?

Thank you for your question and this comes up often when dealing with elective procedures.  I recommend that if you are sick you should delay your surgery until you are better.  These are totally elective and one would want the best situation for a good outcome without infection or other problems.  I would consult with you surgeon who can best guide you through this decision.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction

With you having a head cold, this shouldn't be a big problem. You should contact contact your surgeons office and talk with a nurse and they will advise you.

Gregory C. Gaines, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Best to contact the chosen operate surgeon! ASAP for him/her to determine not us responders since we really do not know your full medical case!

Breast Reduction

This would be a question for your surgeon. It would be important to be evaluated by your surgeon before having surgery. Best Wishes. 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician