How long is the average recovery time from a tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Most patients return to work within two weeks from date of surgery.  Exercise and strenuous activity can be resumed about 6-8 weeks following surgery.  Best to discuss with your surgeon.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck recovery

Thank you for your question. Healing after a tummy tuck is usually pretty straight forward.  There is a process of swelling and bruising that peaks at 3 days after surgery and then undergoes the first stage of major resolution in the first 2 weeks after surgery.  The lateer phase of healing takes place over the 2-3 months after surgery where everything really settles and softens.  It is after this time that we are getting close to the final result, though this varies patient to patient. 

Tummy tuck recovery

Tummy tuck recovery

Most patients are back to normal activities within 2-3 weeks and back to strenuous exercise within 6 weeks. Hope this helps. I do ask my tummy tuck patients to avoid lifting anything above 10 lbs. for 3-4 weeks. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Tummy tuck recovery

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Tummy Tuck Recovery

Thank you for your question. Typically, to reduce swelling, a compression garment will be worn for approximately 4 weeks after surgery. To help promote blood circulation, you will be encouraged to get out of bed and take short walks. Everyone heals differently but most patients find they are able to return to work and driving in 2 weeks and exercise in 6 weeks. Be sure to follow the post-op instructions that your board certified plastic surgeon gives you. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall

Tummy Tuck Recovery

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall

Recovery time after tummy tuck

I would say 90% of women are back to work after about 2 weeks after a tummy tuck. There are other fdactors to consider such as the activity level of work, were other procedures done, age and activity level of the patient,etc. But I think 2 weeks is a good starting point.

Eric Weiss MD

Recovery time after tummy tuck

Eric Weiss MD

Thank you for your question.  I generally recommend approximately 2 weeks after your tummy tuck.  Typically, you can begin returning to normal activities at 3 weeks.  Best of luck to you!

Recovery and tummy tuck

Most patients need a good week or two to recover form a tummy tuck to go back to light duty. I would not recommend going back to light aerobics for at least 4 weeks or so.

Recovery and tummy tuck

Realistically plan two weeks with no lifting, no work, no stress and time to relax and recover. Wait 6 weeks for heavy lifting.

Recovery after tummy tuck

The recovery time after tummy tuck surgery depends on the type and degree of tummy tuck surgery as well as the preoperative health and fitness of the patient.  Most surgeons agree a 2 week limited activity period is necessary after tummy tuck surgery.  Returning to full activities usually requires 4-6 weeks, but might be longer if more extensive surgery was necessary.

Recovery after tummy tuck

#tummytuck #abdominoplasty #recoverytummytuck

In my practice, you will be on lifting and exercise restrictions for 6 weeks and then be evaluated for return to full activity. Most patients can do light activity in 2 weeks. No driving until you are off pain medicine for 48 hours.