I have a hole in my lip, due to recently taking out my piercing. What treatment would you recommend? (photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Hole in lip

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you wish to remove the hole, you would need to have it excised and sutured up. This can be done with local anesthesia. I would recommend seeing a surgical dermatologist (Mohs surgeon) or plastic surgeon.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Hole from previous lip piercing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You have two options:  you can keep the hole in your lip or you can choose to excise it (have it cut out) which would leave you with a small scar in place of the hole.  Excising the hole could be done under local anesthesia in an office setting.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.