I don't believe that there is no connection between fever and Juvederm. What to do if you have 101.5?

No connection between juvaderm and fever? Come on there were so many examples. I am one of them, and dont tell me that i have flu or any virus. I know my body. I know that this is the reaction after. I wonder how dangerous. I got my juvader 2 days ago, i did not feel good yesterday and today i have 101.5.

Thanks for your question and I am sorry that you are having this concern post your filler.  I have been involved in filler research for many years and the concern you are having is not one we see with fillers.  We always say that anything can happen with anything, but that is not something that I am aware of being reported two days after fillers.  I would recommend that you see your PCP and make sure that something is not wrong that he or she can treat.

Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fever after filler

It can only be related if there is an infection from the filler. It should be evaluated by your doctor. This would be associated with redness and swelling in the area injected. Otherwise it is just coincidental. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your fever symptoms.  I would recommend seeing your injector for an in-person evaluation to rule out a possible juvederm infection.  Although rare an infection can develop on the juvederm material as the injection needle pierces the skin carrying bacteria along with the filler.  If you are starting to have constitutional symptoms you may need to have the material dissolved and start antibiotics.