I had coolsculpting done on my stomach and I feel like it's lumpy. Will it smooth out with time?

What went wrong?

Getting the right combination: Coolsculpting, Vanquish, Venus Legacy, VASER, ThermiRF

I'm not sure when you had your procedure. It sometimes takes a long time for the swelling to subside and sometimes even longer for the lumpy reaction to subside. With Coolsculpting,  I do  recommend adding a combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra with Z wave/Cellutone in order to get the best results. VASER Hi Def with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting are also options, if you're a candidate. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lumps after Coolsculpting

In the beginning Coolsculpting can be lumpy. This is typically indication you will have great results. This is because the lumpiness is inflammation from the fats cells are dying. If you still have concerns contact your treating physician. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lumpy after Cool Sculpting?

Without a photo or knowing when/what applicators you had it's hard for me to give you a great answer. However, remember that cool sculpting works on bulges and brings them down, so is the lumpiness something you feel or just bulges that are left untreated? You might want to post photos and I'm happy to try and help. It is not normal however to feel lumps in the subcutaneous tissue if that is what you mean. If you've waited a full 90 days after the treatments you could always be seen by your Physician and get an evaluation. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after Coolsculpting

If the area treated appears lumpy, I would contact the facility where the treatment was performed. The feeling of a lump is not uncommon post treatment due to swelling (inflammation).  However,  I always recommend that you follow-up with your treating provider post treatment at different points in time to make sure you are healing as expected.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness from Coolsculpting

You can be lump sometimes during the process but you need to wait for it to go away.  It can be a part of the inflammatory process and goes away with time. If you still feel lumps you should return to your treating physician for examination.  Best, Dr. Green

Lumps after treatment

If there is any concern regarding your treatment it is always recommended to follow up with your provider.  However, lumpiness immediately after treatment it not uncommon due to inflammation and/or mild bruising.  Good luck with your treatments.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Coolsculpting

I have had patients that will bruise after coolsculpting. This usually resolves within a few days. Massaging the area helps heal he bruise faster. This may be what your are experiencing. 

If the procedure was done several weeks ago and there is a lump and would call and be evaluated. To make sure there is no step off from the treatment.

Best of luck

Helena Guarda, MD
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after Coolsculpting

It is not unusual to feel or even see some lumps in the area of a Coolsculpting treatment. This is nothing to worry about as they should resolve over the next month or two.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lumpy Coolsculpting

Sometimes Coolsculpting can be lumpy in the beginning. Usually this means you will actually get a great result because it is the inflammation from the fat cells dying that is lumpy. Procedures such as the Zwave which uses acoustic shockwaves to break up the fat lumps can be very helpful.  

I hope this helps!

Dr. Quenby Erickson

Coolsculpting is a bit lumpy

I don't know the exact time frame. If it is early, within the first couple weeks, I would try using the Z Wave.  Exilis and Vanquish can also smooth things out if it is longer than that.

Steven F. Weiner, MD