I had saline implants done in the early 80s. Lately I've noticed that one side feels hard in one area. Should I worry?

Saline Implants

Hard to really say without an exam. It is best to visit your plastic surgeon for an in person exam. 

Hard breast implant

Thank you for your question. You may have capsular contracture or calcification of implant capsule. I recommend to see a board certified PS for evaluation.

Saline implants in the early 80s

Thank you for your question. It looks like you may have developed a capsular contracture. Most probably you will need to replace the implants. Best is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Examination in Person

Thank you for your question.  It is possible you have developed capsular contracture which is hardening around the implant.  You should have an in person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

It sounds as if you may have developed a contracture or possibly have a leak in the implant. It would be best to seek a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination. You would more than likely need to replace the implants since they are 30+ years old. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Saline implants

I would consult a board certified plastic surgeon. It may be scar tissue or the implant is leaking and you are feeling the edges of the shell more. They should be exchange out since they are 20 plus years old.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Hardness

I would suggest letting a board certified plastic surgeon check your breasts and implants. You may have developed some scar tissue around the implants.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon