replace implants or do fat transfer

2 yrs ago i had a breast lift w/ implants. The Dr. did a horendous job...poor sculpting plus put in really small implants. He was supposed to go no smaller than a c cup. I have to fix this. Now my confidence is gone & I'm scared. Who do I go to fix this? I can't even look into the mirror anymore. I didnt expect to be perfect but i did expect the Dr. to do what i asked for & agreed to.

Photos

It is impossible to give an informed opinion without seeing some preop and postop photos. Perhaps you could set up another post?

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Replace implants or do fat transfer

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Results

I am sorry you did not get the results you wanted. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and your options. A larger implant might be a better choice than fat grafting.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant replacement

I prefer to perform an implant replacement in cases such as yours. I think it gives a more reliable result that just fat grafting.  Best to be seen in person.

Breast size

Great topic.  A mastopexy (lift) augmentation (with implants) is a difficult combined procedure, as the mastopexy lifts/tightens the breast skin, and the implants actually stretch that skin.  The final result is very unpredictable, and with sizable lifts with need to excise a lot of skin, most of us actually stage the procedure (mastopexy first, then implants 6 months later or after the skin has healed as a second operation) to avoid complications and limit the unpredictability of the result.  With combining these procedures, a very large implant is not possible, as skin is being resected and the wound simply won't close or heal properly. If the incisions have healed and the shape and nipple position have been corrected, exchange for a larger implant is often a much simpler procedure.  "Cup size" is also not something we often discuss, as that varies between bra styles and vendors, and how much breast tissue you already have, and does not have much meaning to us; implants are measured in cc's.  Gathering some photographs of desirable postoperative results is always more helpful, and your plastic surgeon should be able to tell you if this achievable and desirable with you frame and tissue quality.  Hope that helps?! Good luck.

Regina M. Fearmonti, MD
New Braunfels Plastic Surgeon