Do I need an anchor or lollipop lift? (Photo)

Hi I'm 47 years old with 3 children and 2 ps have recommended a lollipop lift and the 3rd said I need an anchor. Do I really need an anchor lift? I would like to avoid the additional scars. I am planning to have implants as well under the muscle. I would prefer to have implants on the smaller side as I like to run and lift weights. My left breast has a lot more sag than the right but they are both in need of lifting.

Breast Lift with Implant

Judging from your pictures,  you could possibly get away with a lollipop lift, but more likely would benefit from a short T scar lift .  The short T scar is NOT an anchor scar.   The anchor scar would extend along the entire lower boarder of your breast.  The short T scar would be hidden in your lower breast fold and would be just long enough to remove some excess lower skin.  In my experience, if I have to gather up too much skin for the lollipop scar,  I can get it done technically but when it heals the scar is wider and redder than ideal.    Always consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast surgery to obtain the ideal results.

Breast Lift with Implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast lift technique

Dear Allison,

Either breast lift technique is applicable in your case.  It is a matter of surgeon's preference and I would venture to guess that the surgeon that recommended an anchor incision is on the older side (over 60) and is just more comfortable with that technique.  Most, even extremely large breast lifts and breast reductions, are performed using the verticle (lollilop) technique in my practice.  Good luck!

Breast lift technique

Dear Allison,

Best shape

You may need a small anchor to get the best shaped breast during your lift with implant surgery. Oftentimes removal of a small wedge of skin can result in the most enhanced shape. Your surgeon can always start with the lollipop incision to see how good the shape is and convert to the anchor if needed for the best breast aesthetics. 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Best shape

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

Lollipop

It looks like from the photo that you may be able to have a lollipop lift. If the lower breast was more similar to the higher breast, then you might have been a good candidate for  a circumareolar alone. I would have to see you in person.  Good luck.

Lollipop

Do I need an anchor or lollipop lift?

Based upon the photos submitted, a vertical breast lift would likely provide a very nice result.

Do I need an anchor or lollipop lift?

Regarding breast lift surgery

From the photos I see here, you would indeed benefit from a nipple-areolar advancement (more so on the right) and a limited anchor type final incision pattern. This would result in nice projection and shape.

Timothy J Weibel, MD, FACS 

T

Timothy J. Weibel, MD, FACS
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Regarding breast lift surgery

Timothy J Weibel, MD, FACS 

T

Timothy J. Weibel, MD, FACS
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Anchor or lollipop lift

One cannot say for sure which will be your procedure of choice, but it appears to me lollipop will likely do.  Examination and measurements in person are required for proper planning.  You would benefit greatly from speaking with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Anchor or lollipop lift

Lollipop vs anchor

There is very little difference in a lollipop and an anchor in breasts like yours. In your case the horizontal incision in your crease would probably be small and very hidden if it is needed at all. Look at your surgeons pre and post op photos and pick the surgeon who results you like best. Do not get too hung up on the presence or absence of a small additional hidden incision. Good luck.

Lollipop vs anchor

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  Either a vertical lift or wise pattern is possible.  This can be designed to result in an improved shape and contour of your breasts while minimizing scar appearance.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast lift

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best breast lift technique for you is determined by physical exam.

I developed and perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster and drains are not necessary. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. It works very well if there are asymmetries. I can also use the removed fat as a natural breast augmentation by grafting the fat back into the breast to create more projection or into the top to create more cleavage. This procedure can also be combined with an implant if needed or wanted.  It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast-feeding. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.  

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon 

#RealSelfCORESurgeon