Mastopexy or mastopexy with augmentation. 38, size 32DD, I want better shape and position, scared of looking bigger (Photo)

I have been offered three different surgeries: Surgery 1: vertical incision with lipofilling Surgery 2: periaeriolar incision with sub glandular small implant. Surgery 3: vertical incision with dual plane implant. my goal is for perkier breasts. I have concerns over implants as I don't want to go bigger at all. Please help, I am like a rabbit in headlights

Mastopexy or mastopexy with augmentation. 38, size 32DD, I want better shape and position, scared of looking bigger

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift.A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, your surgeon will determine on a personal consultation how your scar’s going to be and where depending on your breast tissue amount, I suggest you to check testers with your surgeon about sizes and type of implant, I recommend you to not lift, pull or push for at  least 30 days from surgery, Hugs!

Best Options

Hi and thanks for the question. Your best option would be a dual plane implant with mastopexy for optimal shape. Excess skin can be removed from your breast and a smaller implant can be placed for shape. Best of luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  I recommend that you consider a full breast lift with implants to improve the appearance of your breasts.  This procedure will both lift your breasts and give them an enhanced size/shape.  Be sure that the surgeon you choose is board certified in plastic surgery and is an expert in the breast lift/augmentation procedures.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Mastopexy will make your breasts perky and more youthful, and no  implant is  needed if you do not desire to go larger.

Mastopexy or mastopexy with augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  If you do not want to go bigger, then avoid any implants and stick with a breast lift alone.  Be sure to communicate your goals with your surgeon and that he or she is an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Since you don't want to increase your volume, I would recommend a breast lift alone. No implant. Just make sure that you are clear in terms of your expectations vis a vis upper pole fullness. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Choosing the best approach for better shaped breasts

Thank you for your question about your breast correction.

• If you do not want to be bigger - then avoid the implants because they will make you bigger.
  • A lift will help but once healed, you will almost certainly have a natural slope from a flatter upper chest to a fuller lower chest.
  • If that is not what you want - the 'perky look' is usually from upper fullness, then you may need to decide if perky with a small implant is better than just a lift with no implant.
  • (Lipofilling is an option but results are quite unpredictable.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Thank you for your question and as you have found out there is a wide range of treatment options available to you depending on your desired goal outcomes and the comfort level of the surgeon for achieving them.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination I would recommend a breast lift alone if you are not looking at increasing your overall breast size, but if you want a greater degree of breast enhancement placement of a smaller, lower profile implant with a vertical lift component would be a good option without substantially increasing your breast size.  Hope this helps.