I had Breast augmentation 3 weeks ago and I am experiencing heavy pressure and it feels a little hot on my left breast is it nor

Breast augmentation recovery question

It will not be possible to determine whether you are healing normally without examining you.  Questions about recovery are best answered by your surgeon.  He or she knows the details of your procedure and are in a position to help you if a problem arises.  Give them a call; they will want to be involved in your recovery.  Best wishes.

Pressure and warmth of breast after BA

It is always important to contact your surgeon with any questions or concerns because he is the one that knows your anatomy and medical history best, along with what he did during the procedure. Some pressure is normal as your body is adjusting to the implant being in the body but if the skin is hot to touch, that is indication of an infection and I would contact your surgeon immediately to have an examination so he can get you on the right medication to clear up any infection that has occurred. 
Good luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast tightness

Is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, tightness, and swelling during this period. Over the course of weeks to months, your tissues will become less swollen, and will soften and stretch to accommodate the volume of your implants.  This allows the implants to settle into a more natural position, and look and move more naturally.  It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle.  Make sure to follow all of your Plastic Surgeon's instructions regarding bra wear, implant massage, and activity restrictions. 

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon