Can any women in good health get a Breast Augmentation? I was told mine were too low and wide.

I was told by a plastic surgeon that my breast were too low and wide so I wouldn't benefit from one.

Can any women in good health get a Breast Augmentation?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and concerns.

Unfortunately without your photos is more difficult to say what would be the best procedure for you. If you are interested in reducing the measures of your breasts and at the same time to lift them so that they look more firm, the ideal procedure would be breast lift.

This is why you must make an assessment in person with your surgeon and determine which are objectives of this surgery.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Low/Wide Breasts- Breast Augmentation Options

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to see photos and get an idea of your concerns. Yes, generally a patient in good health can have a breast augmentation. A variety of breasts shape/position/sizes are normal as well as chest wall irregularities and asymmetries but in the hands of a skilled, experienced surgeon, these issues can often be improved. It is important to know that breast augmentation will give you a larger version of your own, existing anatomy. Careful size/projection of implant & pocket placement could provide a result you are happy with and they may be limitations. I recommend that you meet with more than one board certified Plastic Surgeon to be examined and discuss your options further.

All the best

Consultation

Hello and thank you for your question. The best advice you can receive is through an in-person consultation.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Criteria for breast augmentation

So, as a woman in good health, you definitely can have a breast augmentation done. However, depending on what your vision and goals are for your final look, the plastic surgeon you consulted with may have a different perspective on what would work for you.  It may have been that you would benefit more from a mastopexy (breast lift) rather than implants. However, if the surgeon did not take the time to explain what they meant by that statement, there's a strong possibility you might not want to choose that person. Best of luck to you!

Fred Hackney, MD

Thanks for your question and of course the answer depends upon the details. It is impossible to judge whether the problem is that your breasts are simply too low and wide or if they are too droopy and in need of an uplift not simply breast augmentation.  Droopy breasts can be worsened by placement of an implant if not accompanied by a breast lift.

Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon and listen carefully to the recommendations before making a final decision.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Hi-

Yes any woman that is in good health can be a candidate for a breast contouring operation either being a lift, reduction, or augmentation. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you trust to discuss the best options for you. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation options

It depends on what your cosmetic goals are and how they align with your anatomy. Breast implants alone may not help you achieve your cosmetic goals but breast implants and a lift may. I would recommend scheduling another consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  In general any healthy woman can get a breast augmentation performed, but obtaining their desired goal outcome may be difficult or impossible based on their starting point.  Without photographs or a detailed discussion with what you would like to achieve, it is impossible to offer you definite advice.  

Hi... thank you for the question... Yes, this will depend on the treatment the your breast need... This could be an Augmentation, A breast Lift, a Breast lift with implants.. etc.. But generally almost any patient can have a breast treatment if they don't have any special condition. 

Luis A. Mejia, MD

Not a Candidate for Breast Implants ?

It's impossible to tell without seeing your photos or doing an exam.  Placing implants in a patients with a low, wide breast can make the breasts sag even lower. There are a whole array of possibilities for women with breasts of all types, and you should seek a couple of opinions on what option is best for you.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS