I am scheduled for a BBL with lipo and a tummy tuck in 3 weeks.

Should I loose 10 holiday pounds I feel I have put on ?

I am scheduled for a BBL with lipo and a TT In 3 weeks.

Thank you for sharing your question, and best wishes on your upcoming surgery.  I would counsel you to not enter into any crash diet in order to lose 10 pounds prior to surgery but if you wished to drop 1-2 pounds per week over the next week or two that would likely be safe.  Any more weight loss would place your body in an unhealthy state that may compromise your healing.  Talk to your surgeon about your concerns, they can provide you with the best information. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Brazilian Butt Lift revision/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I appreciate your question.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Holiday pounds

You may wish to keep on those holiday pounds for fat transfer provided that you BMI is below 30. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Holiday pounds

DrBurnett#realself100

No straightforward answer to this

Whether or not you should try to lose weight depends significantly on your current height and weight. If you are close to your ideal body weight, you should probably hold on to that weight so your surgeon has fat to inject. If you are significantly overweight, then it's more than okay to lose that weight.

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

No straightforward answer to this

Hope this helps - Sam Jejurikar, MD

Holiday pounds

I would not do anything drastic to lose the 10 pounds, if you are only 10 pounds up from your goal weight that you will maintain, but losing a pound or 2 a week between now and your surgery certainly is safe and may make your results better.

Holiday pounds

Weight loss before tummy tuck

If your weight has significantly changed since you last saw your surgeon, you may want to let him know. At this close to surgery, I would recommend to my patients that they focus on a healthy diet for optimized nutritional status going into surgery.  Don't gain more weight, but don't starve yourself either.  

Weight loss before tummy tuck

For heath and safety reason your BMI should be less then 30.

BBL, Tummy Tuck, Weight Loss & Upcoming Surgery

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist.

You should ask you surgeon.  He/she is your best resource.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
#TopREALSELFDoctor
#CoreREALSELFDoctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

I think that it is always good to maintain a stable weight so that the results remain stable as well.

BBL

I do not recommend patients gaining weight for this procedure or losing too much weight after. You should maintain a stable weight for at least 3 months prior to having the procedure done to obtain optimal results. If your weight fluctuates too much pre or post operatively, this can affect your results. If you want to lose around 10+ pounds, I would recommend doing this prior to your surgery but postponing it until you are at your goal weight and remain stable at that weight. Best of luck.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

BBL

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery