Can I file a claim against a dentist that has put the wrong crown size? What are my rights? What should i do?

2 yrs ago,my tooth had a root canal & was crowned after.Today,i went to my dentist bcuz my tooth with the crown gets sore everytime food get stuck in between. A new doctor did an xray and examined my tooth.Told me that my crowns needed retreat;i will need to see a specialist because the crown size on my tooth are wrong.I also noticed there was a black thing on my gum.With dissappointment & concern, I feel that i shouldnt pay for a mistake that wasn't even mines to begin with. What should i do?

No doctor answers yet