What would you do to correct migration, dents and large gap following breast augmentation? (Photo)

I am 3 months post op. 560 cc round smooth silicone to the L and 495cc R above the muscle, hp. My breasts are too far apart for my liking (while standing), I have dents on both breasts and more pronounced on the right breast. When my body is inclined and in a laying position, both breasts migrate toward my armpits. I do plan to get larger implants (800cc), I want cleavage, no dents and no migration toward my armpits while laying down. What procedure(s) do I need in a revision surgery to accomplish this?

What would you do to correct migration, dents and large gap following breast augmentation?

Larger implants will not solve the problem-may make it worse.

The breast implant pockets need to be revised, made smaller and the side areas of the pockets need to be closed to push implants toward cleavage.

The new implants should be placed under the muscle if it is intact. Please see a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon for revision.

Dents

Going larger may make things worse. You might do better with tightening of your pockets so the implants don't move as much and a lift. Fat transfers might also be helpful. You would need to be evaluated to see what would be best.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Revision breast implants

Unfortunately, with very large implants going to larger implants and the effects of gravity being unrelenting, most patients in the absence of capsular contracture will have their implants migrate along the slant of their chest wall while laying down. In order to ameliorate this, your best bet is to have a skin reduction of some type on the outside meaning a lift and a support added to the side of the pocket within an ADM like Strattice to support this lateral migration. Even with these added procedures, these very large implants at 800 mL still may migrate laterally over time. I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your revision.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS