Marionette lines, what can be done to further smooth out this area? Juvederm, Restyline?

On each side of my chin, extending from outer corner of lips almost to bottom of chin are these fairly deep lines that make me look sad. I've had filler, Raydiesse, placed in cheeks that helped reduce depth of those lines. 

Fillers for lines...

Radiesse is a great filler for increasing the volume in the deeper plane. Sometimes, for marionette lines, you need some more superficial swelling, especially to lift the corner of the mouth some. That is where Juvederm or Restylane are very effective. 

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for Marionette lLines

A photo would be helpful. Yes Juvederm and Restylane are both great to fill in these areas. I suggest going for in person consultation to determine the best treatment plan.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Treating the Marionette lines with fillers

Fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane are great options for treating Marionette lines (lines extending down from corner of lip and giving impression of sadness). The filler can be injected locally into the deep fold, as well as into the upper cheeks to lift up the skin ; often a combination of filler into both locations gives a nice natural result, especially when the line/fold is particularly deep.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronic acids fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, work well in this area.  I recommend you seek treatment from a qualified professional.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette lines

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. However, Restylane and Juvederm are generally good options to treat this area. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Marionette lines

Both Juvederm and Restylane are great products used for this area.  Depending on how deep the lines are, between 1-2 mL's are used. It's pretty straight forward, much like the radiesse you used in the cheeks. Radiesse might be a little too bumpy to use in this area though. Good luck! 

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler can be used to help smooth these areas directly.  Juvederm or Restylane can be used and could provide nice results.  Visit an experienced injector in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Juvederm or Restylane for Marionette lines.

A photo would be helpful. However in my opinion I like to use Juvederm to smooth out the Marionette lines, results look more natural. Please consult a professional in your area. Thank you for your question.

Marionette Lines, What Can Be Done To Further Smooth Out This Area?

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  In general, I find that hyaluronic acid based fillers, such as Juvederm, work well to treat marionette creases.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Improving marionette lines

This can be done with any filler. They aren't always fully improve with filler and sometime PDO threads will help. Very heavy jowls make this problem even more difficult to fix without surgery.

Steven F. Weiner, MD