I have the implanon birth control. Will this affect my surgery and do I need to have it removed?

Thank you for your question. Birth control can increase the risk of getting a blood clot in your legs after surgery. The risk is highest after a tummy tuck surgery. Having a blood clot in your legs after Brazilian butt lift is pretty rare. I think that you would be fine to move forward with surgery as long as you understand the slight increase in risk.Make sure to ask your surgeon this exact question during your consultation.