Drainage amount after tummy tuck. Should I be concerned?

Hello! I'm 7 days post op and I've noticed my CCS for drainage is starting to increase daily. Today is 50, yesterday was 37. Should I be concerned?

There can be variation in drainage amount from day to day, but if it is increasing you should notify your plastic surgeon.   It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

This is a better question for your plastic surgeon, however, there are some variations in drain output and that can be normal. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

T

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Drainage increased!

Thanks for this important question. Your drainage is increased but 37cc  to 50 cc does not seem too worrisome. Often times, patients begin to feel better around this time, they walk more, and they then produce more drainage fluid. The character of the fluid is also important. Reddish, thick or ketchup like consistency would be a concern for bleeding. Yellow apple juice colored fluid would be expected at this point. Always notify your plastic surgeon if you become concerned. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD