I am looking for a highly regarded plastic surgeon in the Memphis area for possible rhinoplasty and revision breast surgery. I'd really like some input from other surgeons considering you are more aware of your field and know who does the best work. The only way I can choose is to hear it from respected colleagues. Any information on surgeons in the Memphis, Little Rock, or Nashville area would be so helpful.
Highly Regarded PS in Memphis, TN
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 3
Plastic Surgeon in Memphis
The ASPS website has a physician locator that can provide you a list of qualified surgeons in your area. Dr. Edward Luce and Dr. Dan Shell are two possibilities in the Memphis area. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons in your area, and find the one that has the requisite skills, experience, expertise, and understanding of your objectives.
Choosing your Plastic Surgeon
Tips for Choosing a Plastic Surgeon There are several guidelines to follow in order to ensure that you choose one of the finest plastic surgeons in your area:
• You need your plastic surgeon to be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification is an indication that the surgeon has had extra training in the field of aesthetic plastic surgery. This also ensures that the plastic surgeon has earned his or her degree from a reputable medical school and has completed five years of additional residency. Avoid "board certification" by the "board of Cosmetic Surgery" and other similar organizations.
• Reputable plastic surgeons should have privileges to perform cosmetic surgery procedures at an accredited hospital – not just in the surgery center in their office. • Ask your plastic surgeon to show you before-and-after photos of patients who have undergone cosmetic surgery and ask to speak with some of their patients.
• Good doctors will ensure realistic expectations and take the time to address your concerns. They will encourage you to do your homework, talk to other patients, and make an informed choice.
• Be skeptical of super saver deals advertised in newspapers and magazines. Most plastic surgeons charge comparable rates and rarely offer "deals." Don't compromise quality care and your safety just to save a few dollars; it may end up costing you more in the long run. An experienced plastic surgeon will be more adept at fixing or addressing any problems that may arise.
• Of course, one of the most important factors in choosing a plastic surgeon is your personal comfort level with the doctor. You should feel comfortable asking questions about your cosmetic surgery procedure so that you can make an educated final decision regarding the planned procedure.
The ASPS website has a list of board certified plastic surgeons where you can start your research.
Great plastic surgeon in Memphis
Why don't you have a visit with Dr. Peter Aldea. If you look on RS, you can see his excellent credentials and read some of his more than 6000 answers.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.