I had a tt and belly button and muscle tightening - I'm really worried my cut looks like it's opening more. (photo)

TT and Muscle Tightening

Without knowing exactly how long it has been since your procedure it is hard to tell how well healing is progressing for you. 

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If you find that you are concerned you may have an infection or other problem with your incision it would be good to visit your surgeon right away for an examination to make sure that healing is progressing well.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

TT cut opening up

I am sorry that you're having this wound issue. Some patients have wound issues after surgery. Not knowing your specifics (i.e. Are you diabetic or a smoker?), I couldn't give you a reason for you. You should be discussing your concerns with your surgeon. Based on the picture, it looks like your wound will need to be debrided by your surgeon. Good luck!

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Wound dehiscence

Dear, you had a wound dehiscence, in some cases may happen don't worry! You have to wait some days to heal.

Usually with dressing you'll heal without problems

in any case follow your doctor indications

dr. Graziano

Dario Graziano, MD
Italy Plastic Surgeon