Went to dr today - they referring me out to wound care.

but my dr said its to the abdominal wall. They did say there was no infection and or problems , but how long do i walk around with an hole and or keep packing it , im not a drinker nor a smoker or diabetic. I was in a car accident in 1997 and i had a rupture spleen and alot of scares , but other then tat im fine. I just cant believe im gg to walk around like this for 3-4 months thats pretty dumb.

Wound after TT

I'm sorry you are upset about your wound after TT. Wounds sometimes occur after surgery but I promise once this heals you will be glad you had the TT again. I can't comment on specifics about your case without seeing pictures and knowing more information like the location of your previous abdominal scar from your splenectomy. Good luck and be patient. 

Wound Care

Here is some basic information provided to my patients about the healing process and timeline:

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Wound after tummy tuck surgery…

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. Although difficult to give you specific thoughts/advice without photographs, some general thoughts may be helpful to you.

Although understandably distressing to patients, most wounds after tummy tuck surgery tend to heal over the course of several weeks. Sometimes,  the area may look worse before it looks better. Most often, even larger open wounds have healed by the time a patient  reaches the two months post op mark.  When you mention 3 to 4 months, it makes me think that the world is quite large (sometimes for larger wounds a "wound vac" can be very helpful).

Generally, these wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound; occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process.  

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome.