Went to dr on Monday , he said for me to just 2 keep packing 2 a day with gauge and keep clean and dry . Any suggestions?(photo)

This hole i have got a little bigger , now i can put 1 gauge inside , hes blaming it on a scar i had from a rupture spleen , i said no its because you didnt seal it. I dont drink or smoke and im not a diabetic , im so confused with ev everything i dont know how its gg to close . But im really worried and he wont refer me out to womb care.

Wound post abdominoplasty

I am sorry you had a complication after your abdominoplasty. Every surgeon no matter how skilled has complications. If someone tells you they have never had one, they are being untruthful or they have not performed that many procedured. Not knowing your full history it is difficult to make recommendations.  When you have previous scarring from prior abdominal surgery it can compromise blood supply and can certainly cause would healing issues.  This appears to be the case with your incision not healing. I did a wound care fellowship and it appears your surgeon is caring for you properly. Wet to dry dressing changes will keep your wound clean. This will allow the wound to heal from the inside to the outside which is what you want. This is proper proocol for many wounds like this. I know from a patient standpoint it seems sutures could just be placed, but this is just not the case. This will take time to heal and I know it is difficult to be patient.  It appears your surgeon could add some clean up of the edges of the wound to get rid of the unhealthy tissue and promote healing. This is probably in his plan during one of your upcoming visits. If he is taking good care of you and your wound, you don't need to go to a wound care clinic. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but it appears he is treating you as he should be at this point. You may require a VAC dressing to speed up the healing process once the wound is clean and ready, but only your surgeon can determine if this is indicated for your case. You will also need a scar revision down the road. Talk to your surgeon and if you are not comfortable with his plan, I am confident he will refer you to another board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.  Good luck.

Trouble with Incisions and Scars

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If problems with your scar continue then it would be best to visit your surgeon again to have the area examined. There is a possibility of infection which would need more than just cleaning. Good luck!