Concerned reopening cut. Any suggestions? (photos)

So i had a tt and muscle tighting and bb done on Aug 29 2016 , im not worried about soreness , because every surgery is painful and different for everyone. Anyways i wasnt to worried in the beginning because the dr said it wld heal on its own , but now its widening from both sides , and all he says is keep packing it n keep dry i have no infection , he has me on 2 bottle of cephalexin 500mg , i also take lisinopril 10mg for high blood pressure , on going since the 20th of Sep very disappointed.

Persistent wound

Hello and thank you for your question. Sorry about your problems.  This is an unfortunate complication for all us plastic surgeons who do enough will probably see. Although bigger it is granulation well. I give my patients the choice of allowing it to close in by itself (4 to 8 month's ) or excise the wound and close it. Bring this up with your surgeon. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wound after tummy tuck surgery...

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced; Although understandably distressing to patients, these types of wounds tend to heal over the course of several weeks. Sometimes, as you know, the area may look worse before it looks better. Most often, even larger open wounds have healed by the time a patient reached the two months post op mark.

These wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound; occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process. Sometimes, for larger wounds, the use of a " vacuum assisted device" (VAC) may be very helpful. Also important to concentrate on a healthy diet, including good protein source.

Concerned?

I am sorry to say but you have a full thickness breakdown of the wound from the photos you have attached.  What i would recommend is to do a full thickness debridement of all the dead necrotic tissue and apply a negative pressure dressing, aka VAC.  This will heal secondarily but it will take time.  You will need future revision surgery as well. It is best to start the process sooner rather than later. I hope this helps. Stay close to your plastic surgeon and the office for assistance.  Good luck.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon