My left boob has dropped after BA will I need revision and will I have to pay? (photo)

I had a breast uplift and implants in December 2015 every thing seemed fine until I got up one morning in March to find that my left breast has dropped lower than the right one and also when I lay down flat the left breast falls more than the right do you think that I will need revision and will it cost me anything ?

Needs a revision

From the look of your photos, it appears to me that you had a very stretched out skin envelope to work with. your postop result early on looks fantastic. It's not uncommon that the weight of the implant can stretch the skin as well as the capsule allowing it to migrate too far down on the chest wall. This will usually require a suturing of the capsule called a capsulorraphy as well as removal of skin in a vertical fashion creating a horizontal scar. The policies for  revisions are different for each practitioner and should be delineated before the first surgery takes place in my opinion. That way there are no surprises should a small touchup like this the necessary. Good luck.

Results of surgery

Thank you for your photographs

I agree with the other Surgeons that you may need internal repair of the capsule around your implant and possibly it moved under the muscle.  Both of these techniques act to support the implants internally and reduce the risk of it dropping again.

Good luck if you do decide to go ahead with surgery

My left boob has dropped after BA will I need revision and will I have to pay?

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the results of the breast surgery. Revisionary breast surgery involving adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy)  will likely be necessary to improve your outcome.

Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well. Costs of revisionary surgery may range from zero, to anesthesia/surgery center fees, to discounted surgeon's fees.
  I suggest patients communicate their concerns in a calm and constructive fashion; this form communication tends to be much more effective than confrontational communication.
Best wishes; hopefully through courteous/respectful communication you and your plastic surgeon will be able to work out a plan to achieve your goals.

Breast uplift revision

Your pictures are not perfect, but it seems that you only had a periareolar lift with implants. A periareolar lift is not a very powerful technique and you would have probably got a better shape accepting the scars of a full lift.
It does look like your breasts dropper early, so you may want to discuss a revision and a full uplift with your surgeon. The cost of such a revision would depend on the revision policy that your surgeon has in place.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon