Now 5 days post op with the binder off and on, my tummy looks very rounded. Why do I still look pregnant?

I assumed the lipo would have given a more divine finish. Not an option of course. I just wanted a flat tummy. Why do i still look pregnant? The binder was not Put on after surgery. I showed her the binder and she did say yes put that on asap and keep it on the 6 weeks. I managed to get a nurse to help me put the binder on which took 24 hours because no one would help me with this. All the hospital staff were amazing, so not complaining, it just that no one would help me. Can you help me with this?

5 Days Post-Op with Binder On and Off

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. You can return to full activity without restrictions at 6 weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area acan become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

You are still early in the healing process, but if you find yourself concerned or worried about healing it would be good to visit your surgeon for an examination to ensure that healing is progressing well. Best Wishes.