How long does the bleeding last after the surgery is done?

Hi I had vaginoplasty two weeks ago and still bleeding is this normal?? Please help !!

Bleeding After Vaginoplasty

The specific risks and suitability of these procedures for each individual can be determined only at the time of consultation.  All surgical procedures have some degree of risk.  Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally.  Major complications are rare. These can include infection, bleeding, (hematoma) , separation of the incision, changes in sensation , pain, increased sensitivity, unsatisfactory cosmetic results.  Any concerns of infection, new pain, swelling, bleeding , drainage should immediately be addressed by the doctor.

Usually not normal

However, you need to see your surgeon to make sure that nothing else is going on.  

Please contact their office today and be seen right away.

Bleeding 2 weeks after vaginoplasty. Normal? Abnormal??

Your surgeon is the one you should direct this question to. (S)he knows far more than we do exactly what was done and whether to be worried. The $$ you paid included 24/7 followup of any questions or problems until you are completely healed. Usually, red blood bleeding is done by 4-5 days, a week at the most, but occasionally can last longer, both for benign, but occasionally for dangerous reasons. See your surgeon!

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA 95616

Bleeding after vaginoplasty can vary greatly

Bleeding from the suture line is usually mild, intermittent and associated with physical activity in the first few weeks. Sometimes, irregular menstrual bleeding will present in the first month after any surgery. No way to tell if there's a problem without an exam.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your bleeding issues.  Some mild spotting may be common after two weeks but if this bleeding is significantly more than that, requiring multiple dressing changes I would reach out to your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure your safety.  Hope this helps.