High SMAS facelift or MACS lift for droopy upper cheeks and slight jewels from weight loss?

I had an unsuccessful midface lift about 3 month ago which caused assymetric lips and hollow lower cheeks. Cheeks are horizontal not lifted at all (pulled to side rather than diagonally) and doctor admitted he didn't lift droopy skin and tissue.

Face lift with SMAS

Midface lift is usually a limited discounted procedure. A full jowl lift is best performed with a SMAS for optimal results. After rthe SMAS, the excess skin is trimmed under no tension. The MACS is similar to an imbricated SMAS with greater likely hood of contour irregularities under the skin. Best to see a board certifiesd ASAPS plastic surgeon. Good luck...

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

High SMAS facelift or MACS lift for droopy upper cheeks

For me, the high SMAS facelift is the best method for attaining the optimal result in face lifting both for natural contours but also the excellent midface lift that happens along side the face lift. However it would be important that the surgeon is experienced, confident and competent with the technique as the various directions or vectors of the elements of the facelift are the factors that lead to the best outcome. 

A MACS  lift in expert hands can also lead to excellent results but for me there is more generalised control with the high SMAS, and moreover for me also I think improved longevity of outcome.

I hope that this was useful information for you.

best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon