The doctor did liposuction between my jawline and cheeks which left the area extremely hollow. Any suggestions?

I had a mid face lift with fat added to my cheeks. He also suggested lipo to the area below my cheeks. This left me too hollow. It's below the cheekbone. Can fillers be added to that area? Can anything be done?

Fat transfer

After having like a section to the face if you feel there is a hollow area you can either treat this with injectables such as hydraulic acid or fillers. Another option would be to do fat transfer to this area to try to obtain a more longer-lasting natural appearance.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hollow..

if you feel hollow in that area, you could use fillers to see the change and the relationship to other surrounding areas. you could also use fat injections which could be permanent. these choices and decisions depend on how long ago you had surgery. voice your opinion to your BCPS and get the evaluation and opinions.

Hollow Face After Liposuction -- Add Fat , Fillers, Sculptra or Silicone

there are many options including fat, fillers, sculptra and silicone.  I avoid liposuction of this area because of this reason.  Please see an expert who has experience in treating lipoatrophy or hollowing after buccal fat reduction. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuciton of the face

On rare occasions I will liposuction the cheek area but I usually limit it to the jawline for the most part and the neck.  Fillers may be a reasonable option.

Liposuction above the line of the jaw is almost never indicated.

Liposuction in the area you describe is almost never indicated. If there is a depression fillers will help solve this issue. Fat grafting may be a more long-term solution but is less predictable and more complicated.

Revision of face

Without exam or photos I can only tell you a range of possible remedies. If the hollow area is small and superficial a filler such as hyaluronic acid or Radiuses way help. For larger depressions either fat grafting or submalar silicone cheek implants could be a possibility. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Dr Derby Sang

It is recommendable to show us some photos of the actual results so that we can recommend you the best way to go from here. In general you can use fillers in an area where you need more volume, when you are happy with the results , you can look for a more permanent solution. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Thank you for your question.  If too much fat was removed during your face lift there are options to help restore that missing volume.  In order to first determine the location that you would like increased volume, you can first use fillers into the desired areas.  Once your results meet your expectations, a more permanent solution such as fat grafting can be done.  Hope that this helps. 

Hollow area after liposuction

I'm sorry that you are dealing with disappointing results.  Since I don't know exactly what procedure was done and there are no pics, I will offer more general possible solutions.  Fillers like Voluma are a great non-surgical option to correct hollowing and they last a long time, but not forever.  Fat grafting to the area on the other hand requires surgery.  While it is less predictable than an off the shelf filler, I think it is the best option for correction here since the issue seems to be an over-resection of fat.    
I would recommend evaluation by a real plastic surgeon if you have not done so already.  
Hope this information is helpful.

Best of luck to you,

Ruth Celestin, MD

Hollow after submalar liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry this happened to you.
  • Without knowing when surgery was done and a photo showing the result, one can't give you specific advice.
  • In general, nothing would be done for 6 months after surgery.
  • Then one's options are off-the-shelf filler, fat injections or a sub-malar implant.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.