High and thin forehead hair in 30 y female. Could get hair transplant and hair lowering?

I have over all thin hair especially at the front . It's getting worse for the last 2 years . And I have a very high forehead . I wonder if I could get hair transplant and hair lowering ?my second q is I don't want a my eyebrow to look lifted

Wants forehead reduction

There are two types of procedures for lowering a woman’s hairline. One, is a surgical excision of the upper forehead followed by the downward advancement of the hairline up to an inch from where it was prior to the surgery. To accomplish this, the entire scalp from the frontal hairline to the very back of the crown, is lifted up and pulled forward. When this is done by an experienced surgeon, the hairline can often be advanced about 2/3rd – 1 inch if there is enough looseness when this lifting process is done. This procedure is often complete in one surgical session; however, it may not address receded corners of the hairline if the corner recession is significant. A great advantage of this surgical approach is the immediate impact of the procedure on hairline location with healing usually complete in a week or so. Sometimes this procedure produces a scar in front of the hairline, and if this is this is the case, a hair transplant in front of the hairline can address the scar. If there is corner rounding that is not addressed by the surgical lowering, then hair transplants can address this very well. Hair transplants take 7-8 months to fully grow out. See web reference below for 4 examples of women who had hair transplant lowering procedures

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thin hair and hair line lowering forehead reduction surgery versus hair transplant surgery.

Having thin hair and wanting a hair line lowering forehead reduction surgery versus hair transplant surgery can be a problem.

You must first have an exam to make sure you have good donor hair supply for a hair transplant surgery.
You must also have an exam to make sure you would be a candidate for forehead reduction as scarring on the thin hair line can be an issue.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

High Hairline in 30 Year Old Female

If your hair is thin I would recommend the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Lowering procedure that we developed many years ago because the density of hair adjacent to the new hairline is much thick than we can achieve with transplants. The position of the eyebrows will not change unless the patient wants and needs them to be lifted.

Thinning high hairline.

You should first find out if there is a treatable cause for your ongoing hair loss. Hair transplants might help lower the hairline as could surgical hairline advancement. However, I would not recommend either if you are having continued hair loss. Your eyebrows will not be lifted with a pure hairline lowering operation.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

HAIRLINE LOWERING WITH POSSIBLE TRANSPLANT IN 30-YEAR-OLD FEMALE.

It is possible to lower your hairline without transplantation if there is enough hair to grow through the scar. The Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift is an ideal way to lower the hairline provided you have enough elasticity of your scalp.

Hair loss in women

It's a good idea to see a dermatologist or hair restoration specialist who is knowledgeable about hair loss in women.

Women with hair loss all over (a condition called "diffuse" hair loss) are often not good candidates for hair transplant surgery.

There are dozens and dozens of reasons for women to lose hair. Some can be treated with hair transplant surgery and others can not. Rapid hair loss over two years is a good reason to visit a hair specialist to see which of the many many reasons for hair loss you might have.